Sudan is a net importer of energy. The government of Sudan targets to meet the country’s energy demand inside the country only, which is likely to drive the Sudani power market. However, the lack of foreign as well as domestic investments in the power sector is expected to restrain the Sudani power market.
New York, Aug. 31, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report “Sudan Power Market – Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020 – 2025)” – https://www.reportlinker.com/p05948951/?utm_source=GNW
– The hydro power segment, due to its highest energy generating capacity in the country, held a significant market in 2018 and is likely to dominate the Sudani power market.
– Sudan has announced to build four nuclear power plants by 2030 to fill its energy gap. This is likely to create several opportunities in the Sudani power market in the future.
– The increasing installation of renewable energy sources to meet energy requirements in the country is likely to drive the Sudani power market, during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Hydro Power to Dominate the Market
– Hydropower is the power that is generated from the flow of water and converted into electrical energy. In 2018, approximately more than 55% of the electricity generated in Sudan was from hydropower.
– Sudan’s 70% of the total hydropower plants on the river Nile. Due to the country’s energy generation deficiency in peak hours, the government of Sudan has planned to increase hydroelectricity capacity by 500 megawatts (MW), by end of 2020.
– Sudan, after its partition with South Sudan, has faced a severe electricity deficiency in the country. Most of the installed hydropower capacity got under South Sudan after separation. The government of Sudan, in 2015, had a target to add 500 megawatts (MW) of hydro projects in the country, by 2020, and also got successful in installing 330 megawatts (MW) of hydropower, by 2018.
– Therefore, owing to the above points, hydropower is expected to dominate the Sudani power market during the forecast period.
Increasing Installation of Renewable to Drive the Market
– In 2018, the total installed capacity of the renewable energy sources in the power sector in Sudan was 2136 megawatts (MW). Renewable sources contributing to the country’s energy generation include hydro energy, biofuels, and solar energy. Since Sudan is the net importer of power, the increasing renewable energy in the country is likely to satisfy both energy demand, as well as the use of clean energy in the country.
– In 2018, the total installed capacity of renewable energy in the country was 2136 megawatts (MW), which was higher than in 2014, 1791megawatts (MW).
– The United Nations Development Program (UNDP), along with the Ministry of Water Resources, Irrigation, and Electricity, initiated a project named “Solar For Agriculture.” This solar water pumping project comes in line with UNDP’s support of the Sudani government priority to advance renewable energy in the country. The “Solar for Agriculture” project is a five-year-long project (2016-2021).
– Biofuels also plays an essential role in the country’s energy requirement. Biofuels produced approximately 200 gigawatt-hour (GWh) of the electricity in 2018. The ongoing project in New Halfa has been under construction to provide 1200 tons per season of bagasse briquettes. Several factories have been built for the carbonization of agricultural residues, namely cotton stalks. The products are now commercialized. More than two thousand families have been trained to produce their cooking charcoal from the cotton stalks.
– Hence, owing to the above points, the increasing installation of renewable is expected to drive the Sudani power market, during the forecast period.
The Sudani power market is consolidated. Some of key players in this market include Sudanese Thermal Power Generating Company, Sudanese Electricity Distribution Company, Siemens AG, Ram Energy, and Dal Group.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p05948951/?utm_source=GNW
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need – instantly, in one place.
CONTACT: Clare: email@example.com US: (339)-368-6001 Intl: +1 339-368-6001